This article will aid you remove Matrix Ransomware effectively. Follow the removal instructions at the end.
The .EMAN Matrix Ransomware is the newest strain associated with the Matrix family of malware. Like previous versions it has an extensive list of modules that are launched, they impact every single area of the operating system. Depending on their configuration they can also lead to the installation of other threats — viruses, ransomware, miners and Trojans. Our guide explains how computer users can spot the infections and attempt to remove them.
EMAN is a new variant of a ransomware-type virus called Matrix. It was firstly discovered by a malware security researcher, Rony. After successfully infiltrating the system, EMAN encrypts most of stored data using AES-128 and RSA-2048 encryption algorithms. While encrypting, EMAN renames files using “[EncodeMan@qq.com].[gibberish].EMAN” filename pattern. For example, “sample.jpg” would be renamed to something like “[EncodeMan@qq.com].jr9nSe87-BCe8leOY.EMAN”. Once encrypted, data instantly becomes unusable and indistinguishable. Once encrypted, EMAN changes victim’s desktop wallpaper and creates a .rtf file (“#README_EMAN#.rtf”), dropping it on victim’s desktop.
Both desktop wallpaper and (“#README_EMAN#.rtf”) file contain messages stating data data is encrypted and can only be restored by using a unique decryption tool alongside with a key. Unfortunately, this is true. As mentioned above, EMAN encrypts data using AES and RSA cryptographies. Therefore, each victim gets a two decryption keys which are necessary to restore data. The problem is that all keys are stored in a remote server controlled by cyber criminals. Therefore, in order to receive said keys victims must contact these persons via provided email addresses. It is also noted that victims must do this within 7 days after the encryption, because otherwise decryption keys will be permanently deleted and, therefore, decryption will become impossible. Now obviously ransomware developers aim to generate revenue. Therefore, after contacting these persons users will be asked to pay ransoms. Price is currently unknown – such information will be provided via email. In most cases, however, cyber criminals ask for $500-1500 in Monero, Bitcoins, or another cryptocurrency. Nevertheless, no matter how low or high the price is, it should never be paid, because cyber criminals cannot be trusted. Research results show that these persons often ignore victims, once payments are submitted. For this reason, paying often gives no positive result and users simply get scammed. Unfortunately, there are no tools capable of cracking EMAN’s encryption and restoring data for free. Therefore, the only possible solution is to restore everything from a backup.
How to Remove EMAN Ransomware From PC
EMAN Ransomware is quite good at hiding itself in compromised machine, and hence it is become a bit tricky for victims to delete it from their PC. Well, there are two different ways to remove EMAN Ransomware from infected computer. The first method is manual removal which is quite risky and complex. In order to delete this particular threat manually users will requite essential technical expertise. However, the second way is using Automatic Removal Tool which is quite reliable, safe easy.
Option A : Remove EMAN Ransomware & Recover Your Data Automatically
Step 1 :- Remove EMAN Ransomware With SpyHunter
SpyHunter is one of the leading and most trust anti-malware application. It is designed to detect and remove harmful threats and viruses easily from infected PC. It is configured to give you best and optimal security from daily new malware and spyware. It is an interactive and easy to use software that needs no technical knowledge. This powerful anti-spyware applications is programmed to give real time protection to your computer from online threats and bugs. SpyHunter can easily detect and remove rootkits, rogue anti-spyware, Trojan, Malware, Spyware, Worms and other threats. It can deeply scan your system to find out hidden viruses and block all types malicious process. It also comes with Spyware HelpDesk feature through which you can seek help from certified technicians and ask for custom fix of your computer. You can download the trial version of SpyHunter Malware scanner to scan your PC.
How To Use SpyHunter Malware Scanner
Step 1 :- Click on the below button to Download Malware Scanner on your PC.
Step 2 :- Install the software and click on Scan Computer Now! Option.
Step 3 :- Software will detect all hidden threats on your system.
Step 2 :- Click On Fix Threats button to remove viruses completely.
Step 2 :- Recover Your Encrypted Files WIth Data Recover Pro Software
- Download the Data Recovery Pro software on your computer.
- Click on Start Scan button to run a full scan of your computer.
- Now select all your important files and click on Recover button to get back your data.
Option A : Remove EMAN Ransomware Manually From PC (Complicated and Risky)
Well, if you are a computer geek and you have malware removal experience then you must try manual methods. However, for new users this opinion can proves tricky as it is quite complicated and unreliable. Even a common mistake while removing EMAN Ransomware manually can turn even nasty for you and can contribute further damage in your system.
Step 1 :- Boot Your PC in Safe Mode
- Restart Your PC to open boot menu.
- Keep pressing F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appears on your system screen.
- Now choose Safe Mode With Networking Option using arrow key and press Enter.
Step 2 :- Remove EMAN Ransomware From Browsers
Remove Malicious Extension
- Open browser and click on (⋮) icon to open browser Menu.
- Select Tools and then open Extensions option.
- Select all malicious extensions and then click the Trash icon to delete this threat completely.
Reset Browser Settings
- Open browser and click on Menu (⋮) icon.
- Click on Settings and select the Show Advance Settings option.
- Go to the end of the page and click Reset Settings button.
Remove Malicious Extension
- Open Firefox browser and click on gear (☰) icon to open Menu.
- Click on Add-Ons option from drop down menu.
- Go to Extensions option from left panel.
- Select and remove EMAN Ransomware related extension.
Reset Browser Settings
- First of all open Firefox and click gear (☰) icon.
- Now click on (?) icon from drop down list to open Help Menu.
- Choose “Troubleshooting Information” and hit “Refresh Firefox” button.
Well, Microsoft Edge browser does not have the extension option so you should better reset browser settings to remove EMAN Ransomware from your Edge browser.
Reset Default Search Engine and Homepage
- Open Microsoft Edge browser in your PC and click on More (…) option.
- Go to Settings and Click on View Advanced Settings option.
- Now click on Change Search Engine option.
- Choose the desired search provider and click on Set as default option.
Remove Malicious Extension
- Open your web browser and click Tools men.
- Select Manage Add-ons option from drop down list.
- Go to Toolbar and Extensions from left panel.
- Select EMAN Ransomware and click disable tab to delete this malicious extension completely.
Reset Internet Explorer Setting
- Open Internet Explorer and Click on “Tools” menu from upper right corner.
- Select “Internet option” from drop down list.
- Choose “Advanced tab” and click on “Reset” button.
- Check out “Delete personal settings” check box, and click on “Reset” button.
Step 3 :- Terminate EMAN Ransomware Related Process From Windows Task Manger.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del button simultaneously to open Windows Task Manager.
- Click on Process tab to see all running process in your PC.
- Find and select all malicious process and click End Process option.
Step 4 :- Uninstall EMAN Ransomware From Control Panel
- Press “Windows + R”th keys together to open Run.
- Now enter Control Panel and hit Enter button.
- Go to Program Section and click on Uninstall a program.
- From the list of all installed application select EMAN Ransomware and click uninstall tab.
Step 4 :- Delete EMAN Ransomware From Registry Editor
- Press “Windows + R” button simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Type “regedit” and click on OK button.
- Find and delete all malicious registry entries created by EMAN Ransomware virus.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’