Has anyone seen a pop up message saying the following:???
Windows detected suspicious activity on your Computer.
Please contact Microsoft Technical support for immediate help:
Your Computer ID: and has a 5 digit number
Please contact Technical support to resolve this issue.
DO NOT open any additional internet browser to avoid data corruption on the registry of your operating system. Please contact Microsoft Support at
Toll-free Helpline removed
DO NOT SHUT DOWN OR RESTART THE COMPUTER. DOING SO MAY LEAD TO DATA LOSS AND POSSIBLE FAILURE OF
Then it has an OK button to click.
The above part of the message has a white background and it is front of a screen with a blue background. The part of the background message I can read references more than one error codes; but the complete message has the white pop up message in front. So I’m not able to read all of it. Close to the beginning of the message on the blue screen says Windows Defender Error Code: 0x ….then I can’t read the remaining numbers as they are behind the white screen.
I haven’t shut down my computer, but I ran task manager and ended the task. I’m now signed into the Firefox browser on my PC. I’m afraid to sign back into Internet Explorer. Help.
What is Microsoft Security Tollfree Pop-up?
In most cases the “Microsoft Security Tollfree Pop-up” fake virus alert message appears when users end up visiting some deceptive/untrustworthy website. Most often it is potentially unwanted applications (PUAs) that force users to visit such websites, most of the users do not visit them willingly. Such PUAs usually get installed without user’s knowledge and are designed to cause redirects, collect various data and deliver intrusive advertisements. There are plenty of scams similar to “Microsoft Security Tollfree Pop-up”, some examples are We Couldn’t Activate Windows, Your System Data Has Been Compromized and Windows Support Alert.
Once a deceptive website is visited, it asks users for permission to download multiple files. We strongly recommend to do not do this and to click a “Block” or other similar button. The website also displays a message stating that a computer is blocked and that the Microsoft company itself urges you to do not restart your computer or close the opened window, and states that your computer’s registration key is blocked. It also explains that this might have happened due to one of the reasons: Windows registration key is illegal, the opened window is using pirated software, the window is spreading some viruses, the window is hacked or used from undefined location. According to scammers, the computer is blocked for your own security and that you should contact Microsoft Security support team via the provided “+1-844-391-8111” number. Not that none of these statements are true and it is very likely that your computer is not blocked or Windows is not using some illegal key. This “Microsoft Security Tollfree Pop-up” has nothing to do with the actual Microsoft company, it is a scam used to trick users into buying some product or services that supposedly will solve the problem (unblock your computer, remove viruses, activate Windows and so on). It is strongly recommended to ignore all the requests made by such scammers and to simply close the opened window. If the website prevents you from closing it (a particular script is used), then restart your computer and do not restore the previous session (this will open the same deceptive websites, or the websites that led you there).
As we mentioned in our introduction, in most cases its potentially unwanted applications (PUAs) that redirect users to various untrustworthy websites, including those containing fake messages. Besides, PUAs also deliver various intrusive ads (pop-ups, banners, coupons, surveys etc.) that are displayed through tools that enable placement of third party graphical content and conceal the underlying content on any visited website. These ads are not only annoying, but they lead to various untrustworthy websites as well, or even execute scripts that are designed to download and install other PUAs. Furthermore, PUAs also collect IP addresses, keystrokes, URLs of visited websites, search queries, geo-locations and other data that might contain personal or sensitive data. Collected data is then shared with third parties (potentially cyber criminals) who misuse this data to generate revenue. Such actions are very likely to cause users various privacy or browsing safety problems, or even result in identity theft. We strongly recommend to uninstall any installed PUAs as soon as possible.
Remove Microsoft Security Tollfree Pop-up alerts
There are a few ways which can be used to remove Microsoft Security Tollfree Pop-up fake alerts. But, not all potentially unwanted apps such as this ad-supported software can be completely deleted using only manual ways. Most commonly you’re not able to remove any adware using standard Microsoft Windows options. In order to get rid of Microsoft Security Tollfree Pop-up pop-up scam you need complete a few manual steps and use reliable removal tools.
How to Remove Microsoft Security Tollfree Pop-up From PC
Microsoft Security Tollfree Pop-up is quite good at hiding itself in compromised machine, and hence it is become a bit tricky for victims to delete it from their PC. Well, there are two different ways to remove Microsoft Security Tollfree Pop-up from infected computer. The first method is manual removal which is quite risky and complex. In order to delete this particular threat manually users will requite essential technical expertise. However, the second way is using Automatic Removal Tool which is quite reliable, safe easy.
Option A : Remove Microsoft Security Tollfree Pop-up Manually From PC (Complicated and Risky)
Well, if you are a computer geek and you have malware removal experience then you must try manual methods. However, for new users this opinion can proves tricky as it is quite complicated and unreliable. Even a common mistake while removing Microsoft Security Tollfree Pop-up manually can turn even nasty for you and can contribute further damage in your system.
Step 1 :- Boot Your PC in Safe Mode
- Restart Your PC to open boot menu.
- Keep pressing F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appears on your system screen.
- Now choose Safe Mode With Networking Option using arrow key and press Enter.
Step 2 :- Remove Microsoft Security Tollfree Pop-up From Browsers
Remove Malicious Extension
- Open browser and click on (⋮) icon to open browser Menu.
- Select Tools and then open Extensions option.
- Select all malicious extensions and then click the Trash icon to delete this threat completely.
Reset Browser Settings
- Open browser and click on Menu (⋮) icon.
- Click on Settings and select the Show Advance Settings option.
- Go to the end of the page and click Reset Settings button.
Remove Malicious Extension
- Open Firefox browser and click on gear (☰) icon to open Menu.
- Click on Add-Ons option from drop down menu.
- Go to Extensions option from left panel.
- Select and remove Microsoft Security Tollfree Pop-up related extension.
Reset Browser Settings
- First of all open Firefox and click gear (☰) icon.
- Now click on (?) icon from drop down list to open Help Menu.
- Choose “Troubleshooting Information” and hit “Refresh Firefox” button.
Well, Microsoft Edge browser does not have the extension option so you should better reset browser settings to remove Microsoft Security Tollfree Pop-up from your Edge browser.
Reset Default Search Engine and Homepage
- Open Microsoft Edge browser in your PC and click on More (…) option.
- Go to Settings and Click on View Advanced Settings option.
- Now click on Change Search Engine option.
- Choose the desired search provider and click on Set as default option.
Remove Malicious Extension
- Open your web browser and click Tools men.
- Select Manage Add-ons option from drop down list.
- Go to Toolbar and Extensions from left panel.
- Select Microsoft Security Tollfree Pop-up and click disable tab to delete this malicious extension completely.
Reset Internet Explorer Setting
- Open Internet Explorer and Click on “Tools” menu from upper right corner.
- Select “Internet option” from drop down list.
- Choose “Advanced tab” and click on “Reset” button.
- Check out “Delete personal settings” check box, and click on “Reset” button.
Step 3 :- Terminate Microsoft Security Tollfree Pop-up Related Process From Windows Task Manger.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del button simultaneously to open Windows Task Manager.
- Click on Process tab to see all running process in your PC.
- Find and select all malicious process and click End Process option.
Step 4 :- Uninstall Microsoft Security Tollfree Pop-up From Control Panel
- Press “Windows + R”th keys together to open Run.
- Now enter Control Panel and hit Enter button.
- Go to Program Section and click on Uninstall a program.
- From the list of all installed application select Microsoft Security Tollfree Pop-up and click uninstall tab.
Step 4 :- Delete Microsoft Security Tollfree Pop-up From Registry Editor
- Press “Windows + R” button simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Type “regedit” and click on OK button.
- Find and delete all malicious registry entries created by Microsoft Security Tollfree Pop-up virus.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Microsoft Security Tollfree Pop-up
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft Security Tollfree Pop-up
Option B : Remove Microsoft Security Tollfree Pop-up Automatically With SpyHunter (Safe and Easy) Recommended
SpyHunter is one of the leading and most trust anti-malware application. It is designed to detect and remove harmful threats and viruses easily from infected PC. It is configured to give you best and optimal security from daily new malware and spyware. It is an interactive and easy to use software that needs no technical knowledge. This powerful anti-spyware applications is programmed to give real time protection to your computer from online threats and bugs. SpyHunter can easily detect and remove rootkits, rogue anti-spyware, Trojan, Malware, Spyware, Worms and other threats. It can deeply scan your system to find out hidden viruses and block all types malicious process. It also comes with Spyware HelpDesk feature through which you can seek help from certified technicians and ask for custom fix of your computer. You can download the trial version of SpyHunter Malware scanner to scan your PC.
How To Use SpyHunter Malware Scanner
Step 1 :- Click on the below button to Download Malware Scanner on your PC.
Step 2 :- Install the software and click on Scan Computer Now! Option.
Step 3 :- Software will detect all hidden threats on your system.
Step 2 :- Click On Fix Threats button to remove viruses completely.