The “Microsoft Windows Notification” Pop-up Pop-up that displays a popup that pretends to be a Microsoft notification. This notification will state that your computer is infected and was locked. The scammers then tell the user to call a listed phone number to receive help. As this is just a scam and the site has no idea what is running on your computer, you should not call any listed number.
Your browser may be redirected to the sites that display the “Microsoft Windows Notification” Pop-up fake error messages either by malicious advertisements on the sites you visit or adware. This guide was written to help Windows users remove malware from their devices, if your just looking for a way to block the “Microsoft Windows Notification” Pop-up redirect on a specific site, then you can use a free browser extension like Adblock. When it comes to adware, these malicious programs are bundled with other free software that you download off of the Internet. Unfortunately, some free downloads do not adequately disclose that other software will also be installed and you may find that you have installed adware without your knowledge. The “Microsoft Windows Notification” Pop-up fake error messages is shown in such a way as to trick the user into thinking their computer has crashed or that a virus has been detected on the computer. It does this to try and scare the infected user into calling one of the listed numbers in order to receive support. In reality, though, they will only be greeted with people who are trying to sell them unneeded support contracts and services.
The “Microsoft Windows Notification” Pop-up fake error messages will have this message:
Microsoft Windows Notification
** YOUR COMPUTER WAS LOCKED **
Error # DT00X02.
Call Microsoft Technical Suppport: +1-833-451-6111(Toll-Free):
Do Not Ignore This Important Warning
If you close this page without resolving issue, access to your computer will be disabled to prevent further damage to our network.
Your computer has alerted us that it was infected with virus and spyware. The following data is at risk:
1. Facebook Login
2. Credit Card Information
3. Email Credentials
4. Browsing History and Data
You must contact us immediately so our engineers can guide you through the recovery process by phone. Please call us within the next 5 minutes to prevent complete loss of your computer.
Contact Microsoft Engineer: +1-833-451-6111 (Toll-Free)
Unfortunately, browser based tech support screens make it difficult to close the screen or sometimes even the browser itself. Thankfully, almost all browser based tech support scams can be closed by opening Windows Task Manager and ending the browser process. It is important, though, that if you end the browser process that you do not reopen previously closed sites if prompted by the browser when you start it again. Finally, while standard site advertisements may display browser tech support scams, they are also commonly used by adware programs. Therefore, if you are constantly seeing browser based tech support scams, you should perform a scan of your computer for adware.
Why am I Seeing the “Microsoft Windows Notification” Pop-up?
The “Microsoft Windows Notification” Pop-up is shown through advertisements that redirect you to sites that display this scam. These advertisements can be displayed by installed adware programs or through less than reputable sites that are displaying them to generate advertising revenue. The scammer will typically attempt to get the victim to allow remote access to their computer. After remote access is gained, the scammer relies on confidence tricks typically involving utilities built into Windows and other software in order to gain the victim’s trust to pay for the supposed “support” services, when the scammer actually steals the victim’s credit card account information.
How to Remove “Microsoft Windows Notification” Pop-up From PC
“Microsoft Windows Notification” Pop-up is quite good at hiding itself in compromised machine, and hence it is become a bit tricky for victims to delete it from their PC. Well, there are two different ways to remove “Microsoft Windows Notification” Pop-up from infected computer. The first method is manual removal which is quite risky and complex. In order to delete this particular threat manually users will requite essential technical expertise. However, the second way is using Automatic Removal Tool which is quite reliable, safe easy.
Option A : Remove “Microsoft Windows Notification” Pop-up Manually From PC (Complicated and Risky)
Well, if you are a computer geek and you have malware removal experience then you must try manual methods. However, for new users this opinion can proves tricky as it is quite complicated and unreliable. Even a common mistake while removing “Microsoft Windows Notification” Pop-up manually can turn even nasty for you and can contribute further damage in your system.
Step 1 :- Boot Your PC in Safe Mode
- Restart Your PC to open boot menu.
- Keep pressing F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appears on your system screen.
- Now choose Safe Mode With Networking Option using arrow key and press Enter.
Step 2 :- Remove “Microsoft Windows Notification” Pop-up From Browsers
Remove Malicious Extension
- Open browser and click on (⋮) icon to open browser Menu.
- Select Tools and then open Extensions option.
- Select all malicious extensions and then click the Trash icon to delete this threat completely.
Reset Browser Settings
- Open browser and click on Menu (⋮) icon.
- Click on Settings and select the Show Advance Settings option.
- Go to the end of the page and click Reset Settings button.
Remove Malicious Extension
- Open Firefox browser and click on gear (☰) icon to open Menu.
- Click on Add-Ons option from drop down menu.
- Go to Extensions option from left panel.
- Select and remove “Microsoft Windows Notification” Pop-up related extension.
Reset Browser Settings
- First of all open Firefox and click gear (☰) icon.
- Now click on (?) icon from drop down list to open Help Menu.
- Choose “Troubleshooting Information” and hit “Refresh Firefox” button.
Well, Microsoft Edge browser does not have the extension option so you should better reset browser settings to remove “Microsoft Windows Notification” Pop-up from your Edge browser.
Reset Default Search Engine and Homepage
- Open Microsoft Edge browser in your PC and click on More (…) option.
- Go to Settings and Click on View Advanced Settings option.
- Now click on Change Search Engine option.
- Choose the desired search provider and click on Set as default option.
Remove Malicious Extension
- Open your web browser and click Tools men.
- Select Manage Add-ons option from drop down list.
- Go to Toolbar and Extensions from left panel.
- Select “Microsoft Windows Notification” Pop-up and click disable tab to delete this malicious extension completely.
Reset Internet Explorer Setting
- Open Internet Explorer and Click on “Tools” menu from upper right corner.
- Select “Internet option” from drop down list.
- Choose “Advanced tab” and click on “Reset” button.
- Check out “Delete personal settings” check box, and click on “Reset” button.
Step 3 :- Terminate “Microsoft Windows Notification” Pop-up Related Process From Windows Task Manger.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del button simultaneously to open Windows Task Manager.
- Click on Process tab to see all running process in your PC.
- Find and select all malicious process and click End Process option.
Step 4 :- Uninstall “Microsoft Windows Notification” Pop-up From Control Panel
- Press “Windows + R”th keys together to open Run.
- Now enter Control Panel and hit Enter button.
- Go to Program Section and click on Uninstall a program.
- From the list of all installed application select “Microsoft Windows Notification” Pop-up and click uninstall tab.
Step 4 :- Delete “Microsoft Windows Notification” Pop-up From Registry Editor
- Press “Windows + R” button simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Type “regedit” and click on OK button.
- Find and delete all malicious registry entries created by “Microsoft Windows Notification” Pop-up virus.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\“Microsoft Windows Notification” Pop-up
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\“Microsoft Windows Notification” Pop-up
Option B : Remove “Microsoft Windows Notification” Pop-up Automatically With SpyHunter (Safe and Easy) Recommended
SpyHunter is one of the leading and most trust anti-malware application. It is designed to detect and remove harmful threats and viruses easily from infected PC. It is configured to give you best and optimal security from daily new malware and spyware. It is an interactive and easy to use software that needs no technical knowledge. This powerful anti-spyware applications is programmed to give real time protection to your computer from online threats and bugs. SpyHunter can easily detect and remove rootkits, rogue anti-spyware, Trojan, Malware, Spyware, Worms and other threats. It can deeply scan your system to find out hidden viruses and block all types malicious process. It also comes with Spyware HelpDesk feature through which you can seek help from certified technicians and ask for custom fix of your computer. You can download the trial version of SpyHunter Malware scanner to scan your PC.
How To Use SpyHunter Malware Scanner
Step 1 :- Click on the below button to Download Malware Scanner on your PC.
Step 2 :- Install the software and click on Scan Computer Now! Option.
Step 3 :- Software will detect all hidden threats on your system.
Step 2 :- Click On Fix Threats button to remove viruses completely.